Contact My Custom Tailors
What is an unconstructed jacket? What is the difference between a fully constructed and an unconstructed jacket?
An unconstructed men´s or women´s jacket is designed with little or no interfacing, padding, or lining to produce a loose, soft shape for casual summer wear. Generally, the fabric used in an unconstructed jacket is cotton or linen and the colors are mainly light summer colors. Unconstructed jackets can be either half or fully lined, have no fusing or canvas, and have a little padding. The overall look it is soft and flowing. Fully-constructed jackets are always fully lined, have fusing and canvas, generally have normal padding, and have structured, cleaner lines.
Other commonly asked questions about Product Features
- How does a fully-constructed, tailored jacket differ from semi-constructed or unconstructed jackets?
- What is a semi-constructed jacket?
- What is the difference between ready-to-wear/off-the-peg, made-to-measure, and full Bespoke Suits?
- How are your jackets, pants, and shirts made? What type of construction is done on your jackets, shirts, pants? What are your manufacturing specifications?
- What sort of religious criteria can be added to custom tailored clothing?
- Are your jackets hand-basted or fused? Can you do hand-basted canvas fronts? Are shirt collars fused? What about the seams?
- What are the MyCustomTailor.com production standards?
- How do I know if My Custom Tailor is for me?
- What about big and tall sizes?
- Can I order for others such as family?