Contact My Custom Tailors
How are your jackets, pants, and shirts made? What type of construction is done on your jackets, shirts, pants? What are your manufacturing specifications?
We use three types of jacket construction:
Please find our work standards described at this link where you will find our detailed construction criteria.
For jackets and suits, we use a mix of traditional old-world construction and more modern construction techniques. Normally, the panel interlinings in our jackets and coats are a combination of fusion and canvas. The top breast panels are fused with hand-basted canvas interlinings for added support and the lower half of the jacket front is fused for increased flow and drape. We offer full-canvas or full-fusion interlinings on jackets and coats, for a small premium. Only the finest threads are used for hand basting so that the outer shell of jackets and coats seem to float on the body when worn.
Standard construction - Fusing and canvas. The panel interlinings in our suits are a combination of fusing and canvas.The jackets are fused and canvas facings are used for added support. We can prepare either full canvas or fully fused interlinings.
Soft Italian Felt construction - is a substitute for heavier British canvas construction. This is a special construction, designed for a modern, softer look with a single layer of fusing combined with soft felt to give the jacket flow and softness. Ideal for semi-bespoke tailoring.
British Full Canvas construction - This is the traditional method of jacket construction. All inner linings are hand-cut and hand-sewn to the cloth and the canvas is attached to the coat cloth using fine silk thread , giving the jacket the appearance that it floats on the canvas. This construction gives a well built shape to the jacket while providing the drape required for near perfection and is recommended for Classical Bespoke Tailoring. All our shirt collars are top-fused for added durability and stiffness for the highest quality look.
Other commonly asked questions about Product Features
- How does a fully-constructed, tailored jacket differ from semi-constructed or unconstructed jackets?
- What is a semi-constructed jacket?
- What is an unconstructed jacket? What is the difference between a fully constructed and an unconstructed jacket?
- What is the difference between ready-to-wear/off-the-peg, made-to-measure, and full Bespoke Suits?
- What sort of religious criteria can be added to custom tailored clothing?
- Are your jackets hand-basted or fused? Can you do hand-basted canvas fronts? Are shirt collars fused? What about the seams?
- What are the MyCustomTailor.com production standards?
- How do I know if My Custom Tailor is for me?
- What about big and tall sizes?
- Can I order for others such as family?